Families are precious. Family is treasure. Family members are special. We love them so much. Imam Husayn (a) loved hi family so much. He said once, ‘A house without Sakina is not worth living in.’ What kind of things did Bibi Sakina (a) do to make her father say this? What kind of child am I to my parents? I can do simple and wonderful things to make my parents please ( with the intention of pleasing Allah ). Listening to them, helping them out, thinking go them, praying for them, being obedient. Lets strive to have a house like the house (Ahlulbayt) by following the values that they upheld.
Your memory ayah from the Quran for instilling this value is, Surat al Furqan, (25:74):
“…O our Lord, grant us in our wives and children, the joy of our eyes and make us guides to those who guard.”
Family Activity Kit:
- 6 x popsicle sticks
- Decoration: sequins, stickers, glitter, gems, pom poms, etc
- Glue four popsicle sticks together in a square formation to form the base of your house.
- Glue two popsicle sticks on top of the square to form the roof of the house.
- Decorate your house by sticking things onto the popsicle sticks
- Place a hand print (either using paint to by drawing around your hand) onto the card and stick it on to the square part of your house.
- Think of a beautiful value that you follow with your family, like love or kindness and ask mum or dad to write that on to one of the popsicle sticks forming the foundation of your house.
- Write LIVE HUSAYN on another one of the popsicle sticks.
- Put your little house up somewhere where you can see it. Let it remind you that you want to have a house like the house house; the Ahlulbayt (a).
We have learnt so many beautiful and wonderful values from Imam Husayn (a). Lets learn to live by these great values and embody them, thus helping the reappearance of our Imam (atf). LIVE HUSAYN!