Courage is the ability to stand up against all hardship for what is right, remembering Allah has all power. He supports us when we are doing the right thing. If we want to be courageous and brave, we make sure the reason why we are doing what we are doing is right and for Allah’s pleasure. W e trust Allah and rely on Him completely. Practice makes perfect! its the same with developing courage. Practice being courageous. If for example, you break the neighbours window, be brave and own up. Take responsibility for what has been done. Standing by what you believe in, in school is a great way to practice courage and bravery. Whenever you have a choice and stand for what is right, that is courage. That is LIVING HUSAYN! Imam Husayn (a) and his 72 man army fought a giant army. They were brave and courageous. Let Imam Husayn (a) be your role model. LIVE HUSAYN!
Your memory ayat from the Quran to guide you in instilling this value is, Surat Muhammad, (47:7):
“O you who believe! If you help the cause of Allah. He will help you and make firm your feet.”
Bravery & Courage Activity Kit:
- 2 bravery medal cards with shapes drawn
- safety pin
- Cut out your card into the bravery medal shape.
- Cover with foil and glue the back side.
- Add sequins to your medal. Remember you shine. bright when you are brave and courageous.
- Ask an adult to help you attach the safety pin at the back of your medal with some tape.
- Wear your bravery medal.
- Remind yourself to be brave and courageous in your choices like Imam Husayn (a) did.
Tell yourself you are brave and courageous and that you can stand sting and face all. Your choices are made by what is right. Wear your medal. Think of how brave a solider you are for your Mawla Mahdi (atf) Be Brave. LIVE HUSAYN!