Eid ul Fitr is the 1st of Shawwal! It is a day of celebration. Muslims gather at the mosque praying shoulder to shoulder breeding unity amongst each other. It is a day of giving; giving to the needy, giving to guests , family, friends. It is also a day of thanks. We thank Allah for accomplishing Mahe Ramadan. We thank Allah for the opportunity. As you make your Eid chocolate bowls you will notice that they are shaped like your hands cupped together in dua! Let the shape of the bowl remind you to always give. Just like Allah fills your bowl. Share your Eid bowl with others filling it with assorted goodies but mostly love and thanks!
Eid Chocolate Bowls Kit:
- Small pan
- Glass bowl
- Cup of water
- Pastry brush
- Baking paper
- Small tray
- Pin to pop the balloons
- 4 Water balloons
- Rainbow sprinkles to decorate your chocolate bowls
- Assorted goodies: Smarties, M&M’s, strawberries, grapes, nuts
- Blow up your balloons to the size of a small soup bowl. Tie a knot.
- Melt the chocolate with the help of a grown up. Pour a cup of water into a small saucepan and place the empty glass bowl on top. NOTE: The water should not touch the bottom of the glass bowl.
- Break your chocolate into pieces and place in the glass bowl.
- Melt the chocolate slowly on medium heat. Remove the glass bowl from the heat and carefully lay it on the counter.
- Lay a piece of baking paper on a tray.
- Allow the chocolate to cool slightly, stirring it with a spatula. Then paint the bottom of your balloons with chocolate using a pastry brush.
- Ensure the layer of chocolate is thick and covers just over half the balloon, all the way around.
- Place a tablespoon of chocolate on to the wax paper to create a base for the chocolate covered balloon. Place your chocolate painted balloon on this base.
- Paint all the balloons in the same way.
- Place your tray in the refrigerator to cool for a few hours, allowing the chocolate to solidify.
- Take the tray out of the fridge and with the help of a grown up, pop the balloons using a pin.
- Your chocolate bowls are now ready to fill! Select fillings from what you love, it could be cereal, nuts, fruit, sweets, custard etc.
- Offer your chocolate bowls to one and all!
- Recite ayat, Surat Zumar, (39:66) with family and friends.
- Close your eyes, hold your hands up in dua (your begging bowl) and talk to Allah. Thank Him from the bottom of your heart. Alhamdulilah!