Hearts can be hard, hearts can be soft. Hearts that are soft forgive so easily. Which heart do I have? Lets have a think…
Your memory ayaah from the Quran to guide you in instilling this value is, Surat ale Imran, (3:133):
“and hurry to forgiveness from your Lord…”
Forgiveness Activity Kit:
- A small smooth rock/pebble
- Place the play dough onto your work space. Play with it, enjoying its texture.
- Make a ball, snake and a heart from your play dough.
- Hold the rock in your left hand and the play dough ball in your right hand- think about the texture of each. Let the two roll around in each hand.
- Lay them on your work space. Pour some glitter onto the play dough ball and some onto your rock. Observe how the play dough receives the glitter and then shimmers and sparkles. Notice that the rock on the other hand, does not accept the glitter.
- Have a think, when we are kind and soft hearted- are we like the play dough or the hard rock? When we forgive, we have a soft heart (soft like the play dough). This soft heart is capable of receiving radiance and sparkle. A hard heart does not attract this radiance.
Imam Husayn (a) was urged by Hurr to go towards Karbala. When Hurr met Imam Husayn (a), his army and his horses were thirsty. Imam Husayn (a) was very generous, he gave lots of water to them and quenched their thirst. Only soft hearts give like this. On the 10th of Muharram, Hurr realised he was doing the wrong thing. Blindfolded he went to Imam Husayn (a) and begged for forgiveness. Not only did our soft hearted Imam forgive Hurr, he welcomed Hurr like an awaited guest and treated him with such love, honour and respect! Lets strive to have a soft forgiving heart. Lets LIVE HUSAYN!