Imam Husayn (a) gave everything he had for us. He used his life as a diving board for all of us to bounce into the beauty of doing everything for Allah. We use our hands a lot through out the day. Lets be sure to use them to give like Imam Husayn (a) did. He gave, not only with his hands, but with his while life. Think of all the things Allah has given you. How are you going to use what Allah has given you to give to others? There is lots you can do, like our Imam. Lets use our life to give, lets give with our hearts. Lets give! give! give!
Your memory ayah from the Quran to guide you in instilling this value is, Surat al Baqarah, (2:254):
“O you who believe! spend out of what we have given you..”
Giving Activity Kit:
- Craft foam
- Paper straws
- Coloured pencils/markers
- 1 x Cocktail stick
- Trace around your hand onto the craft foam and cut it out.
- Cut the paper straws into small pieces and stick them onto your hand to represent your bones and tendons. Leave gaps between each piece. By feeling your hand, you will realise you have 3 small bones in each finger and two in each thumb.
- Tie beads into five pieces of yarn. Thread each piece of yarn though the straws onto your fingers and thumb.
- Make sure the twine is long enough so you can pull the other side at the wrist.
- Tie a further 5 beads onto the other end of the twine.
- Turn your hand over and draw and colour in some finger nails.
- Tape a cocktail stick to the palm to act as a handle. This will make it much easier to hold and manipulate the hand.
Using your hands to be giving like Imam Husayn (a) is answering his call of ‘hal min nasirin yansurna’. Next time you see someone, think of how you can help them. Think of how you can give like Husayn (a).