Imam Husayn (a) gave everything he had for us. He used his life as a diving board for all of us to bounce off into the beauty of doing everything for Allah. We use our hands a lot throughout the day. Lets be sure to use them to give like Imam Husayn (a) did. He gave, not only with his hands but his whole life. Lets use our hands to give, lets give with our hearts, lets give! give! give!
Your memory ayah from the Quran to guid you in instilling this value is, Surat al Baqarah, (2:254):
“O you who believe! Spend out of what We have given you…”
Giving Activity Kit:
- A3 paper titled, ‘I am Giving like Imam Husayn (a)’
- Using your sponge, cover your hand with paint and place a hand print on to the heart.
- Fill the heart with your hand prints and think about how you are going to be giving like Imam Husayn (a). Think about what you can do to give with your hands to help your mummy today. How can you help your daddy today? What can you do for your neighbour? What can you do for your Mawla (atf)? How can you be giving, giving, giving?
- Put your artwork up on your wall and think of the beautiful hearts you will make by giving with your heart.
- Make a promise to yourself to be giving each and every day, finding a beautiful way to do this. Look at your artwork as a reminder of how you are LIVING HUSAYN (a).
Using your hands to be giving like Imam Husayn (a) is answering is call of ‘hal min nasirin yansurna’. Next time, you see someone, think of how you can help them. Think of how you can LIVE HUSYAN (a)!