Imam Husayn (a) is an emblem of kindness. What a rock hard foundation of Love and Kindness he has built. Are we rocks of kindness in our lives? Rocks when we put them together, become strong walls. Building the world with one act of kindness after another is sure to make a strong wall. So go on, build a rock strong wall of kindness. Lets not allow any unkindest through. Lets be like our Imam Husayn (a). The kindest of men. Lets LIVE HUSAYN!
Your memory ayah from the Quran to guide you in instilling this value is, (Surat ar Rahman, 55:60):
“Is the reward of goodness anything but goodness?”
Kindness Rocks Activity:
- 6 Rocks- medium sized, smooth
- Paint brush
- Black marker
- Message print outs
- Think about kindness and how the more kind we are the more it spreads.
- Think about a word that you would like to share with others. It could be, ‘Kindness’ or ‘Peace’ or ‘Love’, etc.
- Paint your rocks as you please and set them to dry.
- With your black marker, write your chosen words onto the painted rocks.
- Cut out the messages and glue them onto the flip side of your painted rocks.
- Leave your rocks in random places for people to find.
- Think about how string kindness is- strong like the rocks!
- Live by your chosen words and ask yourself if you were what you wrote on the rocks.
- LIVE HUSAYN!