Imam Husayn (a) is an emblem of kindness. What a rock hard foundation of Love and Kindness he has built. Are we rocks of kindness in our lives? Rocks when we put them together, become strong walls. Building the world with one act of kindness after another is sure to make a strong wall. So go on, build a rock strong wall of kindness. Lets not allow any unkindest through. Lets be like our Imam Husayn (a). The kindest of men. Lets LIVE HUSAYN!
Your memory ayah from the Quran to guide you in instilling this value is, Surat al Baqarah, (2:261):
“… the example of those who give their property in the way of Allah is as the example of a grain growing seven ears with a hundred grains in every ear. And Allah multiplies for whom He pleases and Allah is so giving, knowing.”
Kindness Rocks Kit:
- 6 Rocks – medium sized, smooth
- Black marker
- Paint brush
- Message print outs
- Think about kindness and how the more kind we are the more it spreads.
- Think of a word that you would like to share with others. It could be, ‘Kindness’ , ‘Peace’ or ‘Love’, etc.
- Paint your rocks and you please and allow them to dry.
- With your black marker, write your chosen word on to one of your painted rocks.
- Cut out the messages and attach them onto the flip side of your rocks using glue.
- Leave your rocks in random places for people to find.
- Think about how strong kindness is. String like the rocks.
- Live by your chosen words and ask yourself if you were what you wrote on the rocks each night.
- LIVE HUSAYN!