All Good Things Come To Those Who Are Patient! Can I Nurture? Can I Love? Can I Grow? Can I Be Patient Till The Time Is Right?
Imam Husayn (a) is an exemplar of patience. He did everything for the love of Allah. His patience is one to be desired. In all times, he remained patient. Let us strive in Allah’s way by adopting this beautiful quality.
Your memory ayah from the Quran to guide you in instilling this value is Surat al Baqarah, (2:153), “O you who believe! Seek help through patience and prayer, surely Allah is with the patient.”
Patience Activity Kit:
- Plant pot
- Coloured pens
- Get your pot, glue and gems out.
- Using you pens/markers, create your own beautiful message on the pot of how patience is perfect.
- Place some soil in the pot.
- Plant the seeds in your plant pot.
- Cover the seeds with some more soil.
- Water your pot, placing it near the window where it can get sunlight.
- Water your plant daily, being patient while the seeds get hugged by the earth and sprout..
- During this time, think about how we must exercise patience in our lives. Beautiful things take time as we strive in our lives and bear patiently.
- With this in our minds, we are sure to succeed! InshAllah!
Imam Husayn (a) is an emblem of patience. He tolerated anything and everything, knowing Allah’s pleasure is the most important. Let us nurture our plants, love them, be patient and see the fruit of our patience. When we are thirsty or hungry, we can wait. We can be patient and wait for the perfect time. Make your catchphrase at all times, “sabrun jameelun” beautiful patience. We can LIVE HUSAYN!