Imam Husayn (a) sacrificed his life. I sacrifice too like my Imam!
Sacrifice is to give up something for the sake of Allah. We can give up something we like lots, to please Allah. If we look at Imam Husayn (a), we can learn how to sacrifice. He sacrificed everything, absolutely everything for Allah’s sake! Isn’t that AMAZING! The first things we can do is to think about what we are doing and why. Our thoughts must be directed towards Allah. If my Imam of my time (AF) needs anything I should be ready to sacrifice the things I LOVE. I am surely going to answer my mawla (AF)’s call. I don’t mind giving up my time, my effort, my things, my savings, anything for the pleasure of Allah. Imam Husayn (a) knew what would happen in Karbala but more important than himself was Allah and saving Islam. We can practice sacrifice by giving up things that we like to do, to help others. Lets try and do this! Lets try and LIVE HUSAYN!
Your memory ayah from Quran to guide you in instilling this value is, Surat al Anaam, (6:162), “Say, surely my prayer, my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the worlds.”
Sacrifice Activity Kit:
- laminated soulful sacrifice timetable sheet
- whiteboard marker
- With the sparkles and gems, add your own touch to your soulful sacrifice timetable.
- Choose the perfect location for your timetable. Somewhere you can see it and assess your commitment to sacrificing for Allah’s sake.
- Think of ways Imam Husayn (a) sacrificed and tick them on the Imam Husayn (a) checklist.
- Now tick ways you can sacrifice like Imam Husayn (a).
- In the space, draw or write (adult help may be required here) some more ways that you can sacrifice.
- The following week, erase the list you made for the week and come up with new ways to sacrifice.
- Keep up the fabulous selfless and soulful sacrifices.