As we watch for the moon to welcome the Holy month of Ramadhan, lets ponder on this wonderful creation of Allah. The moon gets its light from the sun. That is amazing Share little facts about the moon with your child. Watch the moon progress over the month to a giant shiny ball and then a crescent again. Allow your child to awe at this amazing creation of Allah. Explain little things like how we follow the lunar calendar. Explain how the moon orbits the earth. It does not have any light of its own. We can pray on the moon. The Earth’s tides are caused by the pull of the moon. Use this activity to allow children to feel connected to Allah’s plan and how amazing He is.
Recite Surat al Anfal, (7:54), “…and He created the sun, and the moon and the stars, governed by His command..”
Sparkly Moon Kit:
- Black card
- Sequins, stars
- Silver/Gold Glitter
- Silver ribbon or string
- Hole punch
- Draw a large moon crescent across the black card and cut it out.
- Apply some glue to one side of your moon and gently place your sparkles all over, pressing down where necessary to stick.
- Add extra sparkle to your moon using glitter.
- Once dry, make a hole in the top of your moon using the hole punch.
- Pass the ribbon or string through the hole and tie a tight knot.
- Hang up your sparkly moon at home as a Mahe Ramadhan decoration.
- Every time you see your sparkly moon, recite Surat al Anfal, (7:54) and ponder how beautiful Allah made the moon!