The moon is a beautiful creation of Allah. We follow the lunar calendar, so we watch out for the new moon to determine our months. How beautiful a plan, Allah has made. As you create your masterpiece of the moon, think about the glorious moon. Do some research on the moon and think about its features and design. The moon gets its beautiful glow from the sun. How is that possible? The moon orbits the earth. What does this mean? We weigh less on the moon, do you know why? and so on…
Read Surat al Anfal, (7:54) ” Indeed, your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in six days and then established Himself above the Throne. He covers the night with the day, (another night) chasing it rapidly; and (He created) the sun, the moon, and the stars, subjected by His command. Unquestionably, His is the creation and the command, blessed is Allah, Lord of the worlds.”
Discuss with your family what Allah is saying in the ayat. Connect it to the research you have conducted.
The new moon welcomes The Holy Month of Ramadhan. Read ayat (2:185), ” The month of Ramadhan (is that) in which was revealed the Quran, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and the principles.So whoever sights (the new moon) of the month, let him fast…” This ayat is about the Mahe Ramadhan. Remember to always be guided by the Holy Quran. Enjoy watching the glorious moon tutorial and have fun creating your very own masterpiece!
Glorious Moon Kit:
- Black paint
- Silver paint
- Mini canvas
- Sequins, Beads
- With a pencil draw an outline of where you would like to play the moon in the night sky.
- Paint your moon with silver paint.
- Paint the night sky black. You can use water to add depth to your artwork.
- The sequins and beads can be used either on the moon or in the night sky. This is your painting, express yourself the way you wish. Stick the sequins and beads on using glue.
- Let your masterpiece dry and then hang it up!